Thursday, April 25, 2013

[Nick Carter] Nick Carter Wedding Plans: Why the Backstreet Boy Almost Said 'No' to Getting Married



Say what you want about the Backstreet Boys -- but those guys aren't afraid to be honest.

Earlier this week, Nick Carter and Howie Dorough chatted with AOL Music about their 20th anniversary as a band and the possibility of an NSYNC reunion, but when talk turned to Nick's upcoming wedding, things got serious.

Nick explained his schedule hasn't slowed down since he proposed to fitness guru Lauren Kitt in February.

"Wedding planning is going ...," he said. "The one thing I can say is we're trying to fit it in between a Backstreet Boys tour schedule, album release and all these other things. We're trying to get maybe early next year, super early. I'm letting her do it all because I can't organize to save my life.

When we asked Howie's opinion on his fellow band member settling down, Nick interjected, "Honesty is the best policy!"

Howie didn't hold back when said he believes Nick's decision to get married reflects his maturity -- especially in light of his parents' messy and much-publicized divorce.

"You know what, Nick has grown a lot and we've actually had several talks about this in the past," Howie said. "Nick has been very open to the public and honest about his growing up where his family and his lifestyle was not the norm to a lot of people. There are lots of divorces that happen nowadays and he, I think, unfortunately, got the backlash of that scene when his parents didn't have that strong bond that a lot of married couples do have."

Apparently, Nick had even ruled out marriage!

Howie continued, "I think for him in the earlier days and up until a couple years ago he was like, 'You know what, God bless you guys. I want you to get married and I'm happy for you guys but it's just not my thing. And I believe there are some people out there that if that works for them, God bless them. I know some people who are better off not having that commitment and a letter if it doesn't mean anything. It's what you have inside.'"

Two years ago, Nick admitted to AOL Music that he had grown past a rebellious stage. Howie seemed to reference this change, noting that Nick's outlook on marriage is now different.

"But the fact that he actually within this past year here has come around to saying, 'You know what, just like everybody you grow in life and I may have had certain thoughts at one time in my life, but now I'm at this point in my life where things have changed,'" Howie said. "That, I think, is a sign of maturity and a sign of him not being scared to take those next steps to another commitment in life."

No matter what lies ahead for Nick, Howie is proud of the fellow Backstreet Boy for giving his relationship with Kitt his all.

"Life is full of commitments," Howie added. "You try to give as much as you can and you hope for the best and if it works, great, but at least you made that step and you tried. So I'm proud of him. I'm proud of him for trying."


Originally posted by AOL.

*Nice words from Howie, huh? So proud of Nick for stepping up and move forward. God bless them.


Subscribe to ..::We Love AJ McLean::.. by Email

No comments: